11.28.2007

Our Trip to Arizona

The kids and I drove down to Arizona to visit my family for Thanksgiving. It was so nice to get away for awhile to just relax and escape everyday life, and the cold weather. I couldn't believe how nice it was!! I was expecting it to still be hot when we came, but it was gorgeous weather. James wasn't able to get work off so just me and the kids went. I was really nervous for the 12 hour trip in the car but the kids did surprisingly(if that's even a word) good so I was relieved. They even did better on the way home. The kids had fun with Grandpa and Grandma, going to the parks and taking walks almost every night. That was nice for me since I got a break away from the kids. But then I ended up just being bored and not knowing what to do so I would clean. I organized Modena's sewing room and my Dad's shed while I was there. My trip has inpired me to start my own business in organizing people's homes. So I'm excited to get that started.

Nicholas helping Grandpa with his outside yard work.

Andee joining in with Grandpa doing his exercises. Since my parents would ware them out during the day, the kids napped which means they don't sleep until really late. So my Dad would have Andee do his nightly exercises to see if that would help her unwhind.

Andee helping with Christmas decorations.

Freestone Park
It's so nice that the park has a little area for kids now! Andee and Nicholas loved it! Well more Andee than Nick. It usually takes Nick awhile to warm up to new environments.


As you can see Nick not enjoying himself at all. The guy asked us if we wanted to get him off but we said no since I thought once he got the ride going that Nick would be better. But he ended up getting him off since Nick was completely freaking out.

So Andee got to ride all by herself and loved it!

Once again, Nicholas not looking too excited.

Riding the train! The kids had so much fun on the train.

Cute little Nicholas wearing Grandpa's hat.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

hey you

I know im the worst friend ever.. im so so sorry i didnt get to see you when we came to utah.. it really was a crazy weird trip. I really am sad i didnt get to see you. It looks like you guys had lots of fun in AZ.. are you going back for xmas?? let me know cause we will be there for a month! Im sorry again.. i miss you girlie!

luv ya

Liz Cheney said...

new post please

Liz Cheney said...

I need your address (sorry-you probably got all excited when you saw that you had 3 comments)