12.30.2008

Mattress disaster...

So we were blessed and surprised with some money that was left over from the account when we bought our house, we got the check 2 days ago. So James and I had a whole wish list put together of all things we wanted to get with this extra money. Well my main thing was to go and stock up on more food storage at Cosco. So James had to work for 3 hours last night, so he watched the kids while I ran into Cosco then while he was at work, I ran down to our bank, in Lehi to deposit this check. Well, on my way back to get James, at the point of the mountain by Ikea I noticed this truck next to me who had 2 king size mattresses in the bed of his truck. I was in the fast lane, and he was next to me, speeding up to pass me. Well, at the point of the mountain its super windy... so right as we hit the turn of the road, all of a sudden, well I saw it in slow mo, but the mattresses flew out and hit my car!! Keep in mind it's 6p.m, so right at rush hour, so I can't really go anywhere. So complete disaster. So the mattress hit the door then flug and hit the back window. We were so lucky that the auto shop was actually able to fix it today all in one day! I'm just glad it wasn't as bad as it could've been. If I was going any slower, it would've flown out and landed right on me. So for those of you that ever need to haul any type of mattress in your truck, please tie the dang thing down!

This will have to be for another day, when more money falls from the sky

Before: Just picture the window shattered with a huge hole in the middle
After: Good as new!

1 comment:

Modena said...

Charity, did they catch the guy and what about insurance? We are glad you are okay.