2.28.2010

We're alive!

Wow, can I just say we are never moving again! Floyd and Barbara were so nice to take the kids for a couple of days so we could pack everything up, which was huge, I would have gone NUTS if they would have been there. Monday, the 15th we went and picked up the 6X12' trailer and I about cried when I saw that everything we owned was going to have to fit into it. Well we got the most important things in first then tried to get everything else we could. Alot had to stay behind for Floyd and Barbara to take to their house (huge thanks to them!). In the car everyone's legs were all out horizontal since we had the car loaded to the fullest. By the time we were done loading everything up, it was 10p.m. Then we woke up at 3a.m to finish the last minute things and then headed out at 4a.m. We couldn't go over 40mph or else the trailer would fishtale. So I spent the next 22 hours staring at my mirror looking at the trailer, making sure it was going straight (most stressful trip ever). But we finally arrived at my parents house at 2a.m the next day! We are staying at my grandpa's house, since he's living at my parents. And his house was still full of a lot of his stuff, so we've been spending the last week and a half deep cleaning and lots of trips to the Goodwill. But I'm finally feeling somewhat settled. The weather is amazing!

3 comments:

Mudrow Memories said...

I miss you already! I'm glad you're alive! I wish I could have done more to help you out. I hope things can go good for you guys, let me know what you are having when you find out!

Liz Cheney said...

Funny how i called you at 5pm and you told me you were done packing!

Chair Losee said...

Well...we were some what done..hehe. Once his parents came, that's when we realized how much more we needed to pack. Plus you were busy with your bed anyway!