6.26.2010

yet another update! hopefully the last before the baby comes!

So I went to the hospital AGAIN last night because I was having consistent contractions. Did the whole routine, check me...no change, so they had me walk for an hour....check me again..no change= sent me home. I was having contractions every 3 minutes but they weren't getting painful. So I had them all last night, woke up with really bad ones, took the dogs on a walk and then we headed over to the hospital. I thought there was absolutely no way I hadn't changed because of the contractions I was feeling, but sure enough, no change. So since my doctor is on call all weekend, and he's sick of hearing my name, he said for us to just do a amniocentesis test and if it came back mature, he would break my water right then and there. So I said, what the heck, he won't be that bad. Even the nurse calmed me down and said "it's really quick, he pokes, gets the fluid, then he's out".... yeah right! He ended up having to poke me twice and both times fish around trying to find the pocket because the lady who was doing the ultra sound, wasn't good at communicating where the heck he was inside me! So he was blind.. and of course it happened to me. So once he was out I almost passed out and threw up because of the anxiety of the whole thing and then for 30 minutes had the worst cramps I've ever had. So, now I know, I will never do that again!

No comments: